Self-Evaluation # 2

Reflecting on Learning and Growth

Over the course of our sessions, I have gained substantial insights into various educational technologies, including H5P, Twine, Slido, and the art of creating impactful presentation decks. These tools have added significant value to my teaching arsenal, enhancing the quality and effectiveness of my online instructional methods.

1. H5P:
I have learned to leverage H5P to create interactive and engaging content for my students. The ability to develop hyperdocs for self-paced learning has been particularly valuable, fostering a personalized and authentic learning experience. This tool has not only made teaching more efficient but has also increased student motivation for independent participation.

2. Twine:
The exploration of Twine has broadened my understanding of crafting interactive narratives and branching scenarios. I can now design dynamic and immersive learning experiences, providing students with a more engaging and participatory approach to course content. I have always been weak with programming but I loved to look at the outcomes that codes generated. Twine enabled me to ‘program’ activities for my lessons and I am genuinely happy that I proudly call myself a ‘tWiny programmer’ set to achieve great heights, he he.

3. Slido:
Understanding and using Slido has enhanced my ability to facilitate effective and interactive presentations. The platform has proven useful in soliciting real-time feedback, promoting audience engagement, and tailoring presentations to the specific needs and interests of my students.

4. Impactful Presentation Deck:
The session on creating impactful presentation decks has been transformative. I now recognize the importance of design elements such as color, fonts, alignment, and content cohesion. Applying these principles, I have modified my slides to align with learning concepts and adapt instructions to suit the diverse learning capabilities of my students.

WordPress: Through our exploration of WordPress, I gained insights into creating multimedia-rich content and effective communication channels. It emphasized the importance of a well-designed online presence in the educational landscape. There is so much I can do on WordPress – from starting a website to creating quizzes, embedding tutorials. I am a newbie with this but I have already done some work and can’t wait to explore it more to engage my classes and make learning enjoyable for all!

Overall Technological Integration:
The course has reinforced the significance of a thoughtful and inclusive approach to digital learning. While embracing various tools and platforms, it has underscored the irreplaceable role of human connection in education. I have internalized the importance of considering relationships between teachers and students, emphasizing a balance between technology and personal engagement.

Critical Thinking and Writing Skills:
Beyond the technical aspects, the course has nurtured my critical thinking and writing skills. The emphasis on self-directed learning has empowered me to think innovatively about integrating technology into teaching methods, ensuring a more comprehensive and effective educational experience for my students.

Career Growth and Professional Development:
My initial expectation of this course serving as a gateway to professional development and career growth has been met. It has not only exposed me to fresh and engaging teaching styles but has also instilled confidence in utilizing educational technologies. The course has equipped me with the skills to create engaging lessons, stay organized with educational tools, and navigate the dynamic landscape of online teaching.

In conclusion, this learning journey has been both enlightening and empowering. I am excited to continue refining my skills, exploring new educational technologies, and creating an impactful and technology-integrated curriculum that meets the evolving needs of my students.

Photo by You X Ventures on Unsplash